Axel Christiernsson B.V. located in Heijningen, the Netherlands
Axel Christiernsson is a renowned private label manufacturer of lubricant greases for international clients that serve the automotive, mining, rail and transport, industrial and agricultural sectors. There are 75 employees working at the manufacturing site in Heijningen.
The responsibilities of the role encompass the full purchase process both at an operational and tactical level.
Your main focus is on sourcing and purchasing materials required for the production process, including base oils, additives and packaging materials, but also on occasion support local stakeholders with purchasing indirect materials and services. In your daily activities you will work together with a local purchase manager and be supported by an experienced international purchase team. You will follow relevant market trends and conduct your own research or contribute to cross functional projects to develop opportunities for improvements on performance, costs and sustainability.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Purchasing base oils, additives, and packaging materials based on MRP
- Reporting and following up on supplier delivery and quality performance
- Demand forecasting and supply chain planning and analysis
- Liaising with suppliers and negotiating purchase conditions and pricing
- Market research, sourcing activities and contract new products
- Implement and contribute to purchase strategies and projects
- Initiate and organise purchase process improvements
- Validating supplier invoices in case of deviations
You are a self-starter who after extensive training wants to take responsibility for purchase operations and have the drive to succesfully initiate, plan and implement improvements and cost reductions. You will be able to work independently but also contibute as team player on diverse range of tasks and projects. Your strong analytical abilities enable you to create a reliable supply plan and you can stay level headed whilst handling ad-hoc situations. In this role it is important that you like to maintain good relations with colleagues and suppliers but at the same time don’t shy away from being assertive and persuasive when required.
- Previous experience in purchasing or supply chain position
- Commercial affinity and experience in negotiations
- Fluent communication skills in English and learner of Dutch language
- Experience working with ERP system and MS Office
- Purchase training is advantageous (NEVI/CIPS)
- Soft skills are important to succeed in this role
- Dynamic work environment with possibility for own initiatives
- Competitive salary and employment conditions
- Good work-life balance and possibility to combine work at the office and from home
- Possibilities to attend trainings and to develop within the company
In case you would like more information on the position you can reach out to Jerry van Campenhout, HR Coordinator, via phone on +31 (0)167 529627 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Your application can be send to the e-mail address: email@example.com