Traditionally, lubricants for farming equipment have been developed primarily to protect moving metal components rather than for their environmental or toxicological impact. However, there is now increasing awareness that lubricants used on farming equipment are often lost to the environment which can in turn impact the food being cultivated. There is growing recognition that such lubricants should be formulated to reduce their impact on both the environment and the food even before it reaches the processing plants. An example of this equipment is a round baler or a large baler machine producing fresh bales of rolled up grass. The most common types of baler are rectangular or cylindrical.
AXEL has developed a special product designed for the lubrication of chains used in round baler agricultural machines. BIOFOOD 46 is an ISO 46 chain oil formulated with highly biodegradable raw material and also meets the requirement of NSF H1.
Key product features and benefits include:
- - Ecofriendly to the environment: High biodegradability through use of renewable vegetable raw materials
- - NSF H1 Registered according to H1 regulations for lubricants with incidental food contact
- - Good protection against wear and corrosion
- - No dust attraction due to absence of mineral oil
- - Not aggressive for plastic bale wrapper
- - Reduced risk of chain clogging due to lubrication film
- - Prolonged chain service life
- - Provides good quality assurance for animal fodder
Refer to product data sheet here